Minecraft is a game that lets you create and explore infinite worlds with your imagination. But did you know that you can also make some noise with goat horns? Goat horns are items that you can use to play loud sounds that can be heard from far away.
They are perfect for signaling your location, announcing a raid, or just having fun. In this blog, we will explain what do Minecraft goat horns do, how they differ from each other, and how you can get them.
What Do Minecraft Goat Horns Do?
Goat horns are items that you can use by right-clicking or tapping on them. When you do, they will play a sound that can be heard from up to 256 blocks away. However, the sound will also be limited by the server view distance.
Each goat horn has a unique sound that corresponds to one of the eight raid sounds in the game. There are eight variants of goat horns, four of which are exclusive to screaming goats. These are:
Ponder: A low-pitched horn sound that lasts for about two seconds.
Sing: A high-pitched horn sound that lasts for about two seconds.
Seek: A medium-pitched horn sound that lasts for about one second.
Feel: A low-pitched horn sound that lasts for about one second.
Admire: A high-pitched horn sound that lasts for about three seconds.
Call: A medium-pitched horn sound that lasts for about three seconds.
Yearn: A low-pitched horn sound that lasts for about four seconds.
Dream: A high-pitched horn sound that lasts for about four seconds.
You can use goat horns for various purposes, such as:
Alerting other players of your presence or location.
Initiating or ending a raid on a village.
Scaring away hostile mobs or animals.
Creating music or sound effects for your builds or events.
Have fun with your friends or by yourself.
There is a cooldown of seven seconds between each use of the horn. All goat horns are affected by this cooldown, so you cannot spam them.
How to Get Minecraft Goat Horns?
There are two ways to get goat horns in Minecraft: from goats or from pillager outposts.
Goats are mobs that spawn on snowy slopes, jagged peaks, and frozen peaks biomes. They are usually peaceful, but they can also ram into other entities or blocks. When a goat rams into a hard block, such as stone, ore, log, or packed ice, it will drop a goat horn.
You can get up to two horns from each adult goat. There are two types of goats in Minecraft: regular and screaming. Regular goats have a 98% chance of spawning naturally while screaming goats have only a 2% chance.
Screaming goats make loud noises and ram more frequently than regular goats. They also drop different types of horns than regular goats.
To get goat horns from goats, you need to:
Find a goat that still has its horns. You can see the intact horns on the goat’s head.
Find a hard block near the goat. You can also place one yourself if there is none around.
Stand in front of the hard block and wait for the goat to charge at you. Make sure you move out of the way before it hits you or the block.
Collect the horn that drops from the goat. Be careful not to pick up the wrong horn if there are multiple goats around.
From Pillager Outposts
Pillager outposts are structures that spawn in plains, deserts, savanna, taiga, snowy tundra, and snowy taiga biomes. They are inhabited by pillagers, which are hostile mobs that attack villages and players.
Pillager outposts have chests that contain various loot items, including goat horns.
To get goat horns from pillager outposts, you need to:
Find a pillager outpost. You can use a map or an explorer map to locate one.
Fight your way through the pillagers. You can use weapons, armor, shields, potions, or other items to defend yourself.
Loot the chest inside the outpost tower. You have a 50% chance of finding a goat horn in the chest.
Escape from the pillagers. You can use a boat, a horse, an elytra, or other means of transportation to get away.
Note that only regular goat horns can be found in pillager outposts. Screaming goat horns can only be obtained from screaming goats.
Goat horns are items that you can use to play loud sounds in Minecraft. They have eight variants, each with a unique sound. You can get goat horns from goats or from pillager outposts.
Goat horns are fun and useful items that you can use for various purposes. Try them out and see what you can do with them!
I hope you enjoyed reading this blog and learned something new about what Minecraft goat horns do and how to get them. If you have any questions or feedback, please leave a comment below.